1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to specify time from 12:00Am midnight to 23:59:59

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by Farshad Javadi, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Farshad Javadi

Farshad Javadi Active Member

I have a query that needs "cc_messagehistory.SendTime" to be from 12:00Am midnight to 23:59:59.

What I am trying to say is that the "cc_messagehistory.SendTime" to include Yesterday data only: Not including two-days-ago-data and not including today-data.

The "cc_messagehistory.SendTime" is like: 17-JAN-12 10.24.17.024000000 AM

Since the "cc_messagehistory.SendTime" field is an index, my SYSDBA says that we can not use functions with this field.

So I need a query to show me data for only yesterday like:

cc_messagehistory.SendTime Between Time1 and Time2

Time1 = is yesterday 17-JAN-12 at 00:00:00:00 AM
    Time2 = is yesterday 17-JAN-12 at 23:59:59:59 PM

Can you please show me Time1 and Time2?

Thank you all. Today after one that I posted my question. I found the answer myself:

And cc_messagehistory.SendTime BETWEEN Trunc(Sysdate -:sqlDayOffset) AND Trunc(Sysdate -:sqlDayOffset+1 - 1/86400) (assuming parameter sqlDayOffset==1)

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Farshad

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

This applies to Oracle and SQL in what way? Your post is confusing, to say the very least. Are you asking a question? If not, what exactly is the purpose of this offering?

3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Farshad, could you please post the query so we can understand what you are trying to do... Thanks.