1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to scale region to fit on single page when printing

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by RickieRich, Feb 10, 2016.

1. RickieRich

RickieRich Starter

Hello All!
    I am only recently beginning my APEX journey (and am certain this is where I want to stay!) so please excuse any 'idiot' comments I may make!
    I am using APEX 5.0.3 along with the Universal Theme.
    I have followed the steps kindly provided by Christian Rokkitta on the following blog to create an Organisation Tree;
    Oracle & Apex Geekery: Pure CSS3 Org-Tree with APEX List
    I only have limited CSS and JavaScript knowledge but have successfully made a number of edits to meet our particular requirements. Where I am struggling is around printing regions that do not fit onto the single page.
    I have attempted to edit the CSS, I've tried to use JavaScript to open within a new pop-up, I delved into Printing Style sheets and have am currently using an edited version of the 'Standard' page template so that I can use @media Print to stop certain items displaying. On the CSS front I have attempted to use scaling and page breaks but after 4 days of working on nothing else but this printing issue I am starting to wonder if I'm going about it completely the wrong way.
    Is anybody able to help with the above? Basically, I need to make the organisational chart fit on the single page when printing; almost as if I have 'zoomed-out' until it is on one page and then print.
    I have refrained from putting links or screen-shots however please let me know if you require any further information and I'll get it straight over!
    Thank you all!!!
    Richard

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

I see you have your answer on the Oracle APEX Community Forum... ;-)

3. RickieRich

RickieRich Starter

Hello DTSIGuy,

I have indeed...there are still a few things I'm working on such as how to set the printstyle dynamically based on how many children the manager has but JMcG really set me on the right track;

His answer was;

JMcG 10-Feb-2016 21:06
    Check page 4 where I have added the below style declarations specific for printing.

1. @media print {
    2. .tree li a {
    3. /*font-size: 15px;*/
    • font-size: 0.8rem;
    • line-height: 1rem;
    • border: 1pxsolid#000000;
    • }
    • .tree ol, .tree ul {
    • margin: 0;
    • }
    • .tree li::before, .tree li::after {
    • border-top: 1pxsolid#000000;