1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to remove the items which are reserved?

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by manikvengurlekar, May 1, 2012.

1. manikvengurlekar

manikvengurlekar Forum Advisor

I want to remove reservation from the particular sales Order, so that it can be reusable for any other transaction. :confused:

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Manik,

Kindly mention all details. What is the status of the sales order line and delivery line? There are various scenarios
    a) Unreserve
    b)If already pick released
    c)Data Fix scenario
    d)fiddling with Move order allocation

cheers
    Ramji

3. manikvengurlekar

manikvengurlekar Forum Advisor

Dear Ramji
    The Status of the SO is 'booked',
    Status of the Line item is 'Picked Partial',
    Status of the Delivery Line is 'Open'.

Regards
    Manik

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Manik,

Apologies for the delay. I am down with a chest infection. Anyway here is the solution.
    Reduce the unwanted quantity by back ordering on the sales order line ie reducing the quantity.
    Complete the shipment of the partially picked ones and interface the original quantity. This will result in a new sales order line which you cancel from sales order.
    Ramji

5. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

manik,

If you partially picked sales order which contains 10 quantity and now you want to make reserve of 5 items from this sale order then ship the sales order with quantity as 5 and then in back order field automatically 5 quantity will appeared. Then ship it. By this that sales order will again come with another line of 5 quantity as awaiting shipping. By this we can cancel that line to reserve items.

6. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Thanks Bharat! I had messaged Manik the solution as he had pm'd me. Dear Manik- did my solution make sense now?
    cheers
    Ramji

7. GirishK

GirishK Starter

Hi Ramji,

Thanks for your post.

I am having a concern, could you please help out me. How to un-reserve the item qty for a sales orders. These orders are all old orders, we have to un-reserve the qty. I have tried to back order them and have updated the shipment qty as zero and save them. Observed that back order qty has updated with the reserved qty. the below are status of the orders

Sales order line status - Picked
    Delivery - not created

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Girish