1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to remove responsibility assignment option from user creation form

Discussion in 'System Administration & Application DBA' started by katripon, Jun 9, 2010.

1. katripon

katripon Active Member

Hi,
    Can anybody help me to remove responsibility assignment option from user creation form of ERP under System Administator or Sysadmin -> Security -> User -> Define.

BR//
    kamrul.

2. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

we cannot remove, but we can disable thru the date option provided

3. katripon

katripon Active Member

Actually my query was- If I assign Sysadmin responsibility to a user so that he can only reset the password, but can not be able to assign responsibility to a user. How I can do that?

4. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Your question is not clear, "If I assign Sysadmin responsibility to a user so that he can only reset the password, but can not be able to assign responsibility to a user. How I can do that?"
    what do u mean this, you are saying if i assign sysadmin responsibility to user, and again saying how to assign responsibility to user.

so please study your question once.

5. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Kiran, what he means is that he wants to give a user access to the Define User form but does not want him to edit/add responsibilities.

I am afraid that is not possible by default. I think you can achieve it by personalization. You need to make the responsibility block read only according to some condition. SO think along those lines.

6. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Ok i got the question cleared, that is possible through PROFILES , right?

7. Sadik

I am not sure. I don't think so though. What he needs to do is personalize the USer definition form.

8. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

This sounds like he's asking how to give the 'keys to the kingdom' to a user but also telling him 'you can only use this ONE key even though you have them all'. Which seems pointless to me; why grant 'root' to a user only to tell him never to use it? The privilege is named Sysadmin for a good reason.

9. Sadik

lolz.. zargon, seems like you have been watching many fantasy movies lately... :) my favorites :)