1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to reject Requisitions automatically that are created for a particular supplier

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by yowancristo, Dec 8, 2014.

1. yowancristo

yowancristo Forum Advisor

Hi All,

We have a requirement to reject 'Emergency PO requisitions' automatically if it is created for a specific supplier (say 'DUMMY VENDOR') so that user will get the PO number as soon as the requisition is submitted, however the requisition will be rejected.

At a later point, user can correct the rejected requisition details and submit again and can ratain the same PO number created earlier.

I am thinking of customizing 'Requisition' workflow. Can someone suggest any other solutions if you have.

Many thanks,
    Yowan Cristo

2. yowancristo

Re: How to reject Requisitions automatically that are created for a particular suppli

Hi,

Have we got any suggestion on this please.

Thanks,
    Yowan Cristo

3. yowancristo

Re: How to reject Requisitions automatically that are created for a particular suppli

Hi,

I proceeded with workflow customization - added a new node to check the supplier and reject/approve accordingly. This has worked.

4. SAADIQ

SAADIQ Active Member

hi
    can u plz tell how to do that customization,i was new to oracle can u plz explain that will be helpful to me.

5. yowancristo

Hi,

You need to find out the standard workflow used for the process. Eg in this case it is Requisition Approval Workflow.
    Add the custom logics to this workflow, deploy and configure accordingly in Oracle Applications so that when new workflow is fired, it will follow the new path and added validations will take place.

Specifically if you want me to explain the new node for this solution, it is a simple function that checks the vendor name based on the requisition header id and if vendor name is say 'ABC' then return 'REJECT' else 'ACCEPT'. In the workflow changes are made such that if this funciton returns REJECT then send a notification (to user notifying why the requisition got rejected) else go to next node as usual.

SAADIQ likes this.