1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to Re-open the GL period? & what are the impact in financial terms?

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by aahutisingh, Apr 4, 2012.

1. aahutisingh

aahutisingh Active Member

Actually we need to re-open the period of GL,lots of transaction are in gl interface & all transaction are going in 'error' EF04,EP01

So is it possible to open the period of GL.what will be the impact in accounting as well as in financial terms.??

Thanks
    Aahuti Singh

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Hello Ahotti LOL,

I was wondering where have you been?
    Here is the solution to your problems
    EF04 means the code combinations are invalid (Cross Val Rules obstructing) Identify the Crossval Rule and check with the business folks and see if you can allow the combination. Then amend the rule and do the re-import.

EP01 the GL date of the journal stuck in the interface is in a closed period. Open the period after you consult with the business if it is ok to do so. If they have already finalized the accounts for that period and want to import in the current month you can change the date to the latest open period and import.

Impact on accounting and financials will be there. Say if they have already prepared the financials of the previous period they will now have a new set of numbers and opening balances for the latest month.

You can reopen a period and import without issues if the business is fine with it.
    Ramji

3. aahutisingh

hi ram,
    how are you? hope you doing well.
    i am little busy with year closing of client.thats y not able to online.

thanks ram for such a useful information and by the my name is Aahuti Singh....everytime u make fun of me.

cheers
    Aahuti Singh

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

AHS,

You have changed my name to Ram. Now I will have to start searching for Hanuman!!!!!!! LOL So your are stuckedddddddddd with year closing.Good for you.
    cheers
    Ramji

5. aahutisingh

dont worry......... u no need of hanuman, you are enough alone.. lol
    when any body require somebody then only such personality comes.

i dont feel you require like such extra ordinary people.and i am not stucked this time....so repeat my words....lollllzzzz...:D

Cheers
    Aahuti Singh