1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to prepare for 1Z0-047 Exam

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by joshkool, Mar 23, 2011.

1. joshkool

joshkool Guest

Hi..
    Im new to Oracle. I studied Computer Science Engineering and I want to do Oracle Certification on SQL.
    I wanted to know how to start learning the paper 1Z0-047.
    what are the software that i should download.
    Help me..
    Thanks

2. Apogee

Apogee Active Member

I would suggest you start with the guide (OCA Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-047))

3. chinnu727

chinnu727 Active Member

If you want to learn the concepts then study through the Exam guide and practise with different examples for 2 months.

Otherwise if you want to just complete the certification just go for the dumps directly. You can finish the exam easily

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

And learn nothing from that. Memorizing dumps like a trained monkey does no one any good -- not the exam taker nor any employer who may consider OCA/OCP candidates at hiring time. Such dumps will not stimulate creative thought nor will they provide any opportunity to develop problem-solving skills, and such skills are necessary in the real world of Oracle databases. Knowing one scenario which may be a basis for exam questions leaves one unprepared for real-life situations which can be encountered; OCA/OCP certification isn't the 'golden key' it once was due to the flood of people who do just as the previous poster recommends and have no practical experience with Oracle. Yes, you may be able to talk your way through an interview (unless the interviewer is experienced with Oracle and can spot an 'exam-cram' OCP from someone who has actual Oracle knowledge gained from working with the product) but when 'push comes to shove' and you're in the middle of a situation you cannot handle because all you know is from the pages of a test dump you may soon find yourself looking for a new job.

Your BEST solution is to:

* Download a recent release of Oracle and install it
    * Read the online documentation -- http://tahiti.oracle.com -- starting with the Concepts Guide
    * Work through examples using SQL*Plus, discover your errors and then learn how to correct them
    * Download sample exam questions but work through them with SQL*Plus and do not rely on the answers provided as sometimes those answers can be wrong
    * Practice, practice, practice until you can work through most examples without aid of a text

When you can look at a problem and start seeing a solution you will be ready to take the exam.

erp.narendrag, fahad08 and Sadik like this.