1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How To Notify to users while getting Approved ??

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by yaznesh, Mar 20, 2009.

1. yaznesh

yaznesh Forum Advisor

Hi all,

In a criteria workflow, i need to notify for each step user while getting approved .

we are not using SMTP mail server, so how to notify each user using idoc script ??
    i dont want mail notification.

Note: i mean to say that, it must be like acknowledgement message.

is any particular procedure needed ??

can anybody suggest me ???

Regards,

Yaznesh

2. imsean

imsean Active Member

hi yaznesh, the notification system for UCM is through email. You have to setup your server to send out emails. You can use the wfnotify function to send email to users when each step is entered or exited.

3. Andy_Weaver

Andy_Weaver Active Member

As imsean mentioned the default notification system is through email. However, you could write your own custom component that saved a list of notifications and that list would be checked when a user logs in and you could provide an interface for people to receive the notifications.

All of this would be your own custom code, however, since there isn't anything except email notifications out of the box.

Hope that helps,
    Andy