1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to modify an oaf page to display button according to a condition.

Discussion in 'JAVA, SOA and Application Development' started by priya, May 30, 2013.

1. priya

priya Active Member

Hello,

I need some help in the following scenarion:
    In the iprocurement page, under the tab requisition, i have a list of available requisitions. when i click on one requisition and click on the button cancel, i need to do a check in the table oe_headers_all whether the requisition has an associated internal sales. If i have one, i should display a message to the user saying 'Cancel internal sales order before cancelling the requisition'.

Can you please help on how i can do that. I use oracle ebs r12.

Thanks and regards.
    Priya

2. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Priya !!

You'll have to extend the controller. Firstly, identify the appropriate controller handling the Cancel button event (from about this page) and then extend the controller to substitute the custom controller in place of the original one.

Nidhi25 likes this.
  3. priya

priya Active Member

Thanks Ari,

I'll try that...

I have another question, I have to add a button in my oaf page and when I click on that button it opens a popup. How should i go about?

Regards,
    Priya

4. a_kamalraj

a_kamalraj Forum Advisor

Hi Priya,

Adding a Button you can do it in the OA Page Customization. But TO write Action against that button you need to find out which region you have added the button and for that region any controller is writeen or in the PAGE Controller you have to write the action for that button which you created..

Cheers
    Kamal(kamal.love@gmail.com)

Nidhi25 likes this.
  5. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Priya !!

Uhh .. :eek: Personalization not Customization. (I'm sure he meant the former one).
    OAF doesn't supports customization of pre-seeded OA pages. Two ways are provided and thats
    Extension and Personalization.

Yes, he's bang on with the rest. U can add a button into the region by personalization and to add your custom logic to it u'll have to extend the controller handling the events of that region.

6. a_kamalraj

a_kamalraj Forum Advisor

Hi Ari,

Thats correct i meant it Personalization. Action for that button extentension has to be done as you said :)

Cheers
    Kamal(kamal.love@gmail.com)

7. priya

priya Active Member

Hi guys,
    Thanks for your help. I have created an item of type link and in the destination uri, i am passing the following link and parameter.
    test1.jsp?url="test"

In my test1.jsp, i have the following code a very simple codeto retrieve the parameter i am passing in the url.

<html>
    <body>
    test
    <%
    String param1val = pageContext.getParameter("url");
    out.println(param1val);%>
    </body>
    </html>

But nothing is displayed on the test1.jsp page when i clink on the link. I get only a blank page.

Can you please help??

Thanks again guys...

8. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Priya,

Oops !! I din't even noticed ur reply. Apologies for the delay

I rather doubt that the appropriate page is being linked. Plz verify the uri.
    U should be passing the full path in destination_uri (which should be correct even after uploading the files from JAVA_TOP). And also, i guess u ain't 4geting over here that its case-sensitive.

Plz re-verify this.