1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to make 9i client server

Discussion in 'Installation - Windows' started by ashay, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ashay

ashay Active Member

hi frends this is ashay ,

i hav oracle 9i v1 copy.. i hav small lan and i want to set up a client server based relation of oracle between 2 pcs..
    pls help me how can i set up a machine as client and one machine as server..
    i want to setup this while installing oracle but i dnt know the procedure..pls help me frends ... need u all.
    ashu..

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

it's quite simple. If you have the two PCs netwroked and you can access one pc(server) from another(client) through IPs, all you need to do is install Oracle Database on the server and then install oracle client software on your client machine.

I recommend you install 10g though and not 9i. You can download both 10g Database and client from oracle's website. After you install the client and database you will need to make your server's entry in tnsnames file. First install the database and client and let us know so that we can proceed

ashay likes this.
  3. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

You can try downloading from here