1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

how to know the record number of specified item instance

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by neosong, Aug 14, 2012.

1. neosong

neosong Active Member

now I made a form which will return several item_instances every page.Now I want to set some of the instances to be unupdateable,but you know you have to know the record_number.While how to get the record number of instances with specified values? For example,I want to know the record number of these instances whose column abc have the value '123'.
    Thanks~~

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

You mean except the selected record number all must be remain update-able right?

3. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Hi Neo,

Your requirement is not much clear. Do you want the Form to return record number for current record number or the value containing '123'.

When you are required this value. When entering the value or after querying. Bit confusing.

If your assumption is "after querying", then simply write the code in (block) post-query item property update to false for column value containing '123'.

While entering the value is write the code in "post text item".

If not above scenarios , please do share here your thoughts exactly what you want.

neosong likes this.
  4. neosong

neosong Active Member

Sorry for my late reply.Here I want to get some records from a table ,if some of those records have the column id with value 1,then set the item instance to be unupdateable.I have found a way to solve this by a post_query trigger which will count the number of the records in this page and save this counter's value when the newly returned record,then I can use set_item_instance_property to set it unupdateable.
    Maybe my expression is not that exact so I am sorry for that and thanks for your replies.

5. neosong

neosong Active Member

In fact I only want the last record to be updateable,all the others are not.