1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to install netbeans with oracle database

Discussion in 'Other Development Tools' started by ac.arijit, Mar 28, 2016.

1. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi,

I recently did the following tasks, and got messed up with the installation

1. Installed Oracle database 10g Enterprise Ediition in my D: drive on Windows 7.

2. Checked for the database to be running fine with SqlPlus. Yes!! It was working fine.

3. Installed the Oracle Developer Suite 10g, in the same location (under D: drive), and opened the Forms Builder, JDeveloper, Reports Builder to see whether it properly connects to the database or not. Yes!! It was working fine.

4. Installed NetBeans 8.1 with JDK 8 bundle in the same location (under D: drive). But since then, my database isn't working, i'm not able to login with SqlPlus, neither can i open the enterprise manager, nor i can connect to the database from any Developer Suite application.

Lately, i heard that Oracle 10g comes with JDK1.6 and isn't compatible with JDK8. Also, i found that Oracle 11g is compatible with JDK 5/6 and Oracle 12c is with JDK 6/7/8.

Please!! Can anyone make me understand this whole compatibility issues in a simpler way. Also, pleasesuggest me some way i can setup a development environment, where i can have an Oracle database (10g/11g), Oracle Developer Suite (10g/11g) and NetBeans (as latest version as possible). Any help is highly appreciated

Regards,

Ari

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

A little puzzled as to why you chose the 10g Development Suite...that's only used (as far as I know) for EBS development...and you don't mention that.

I suspect though, that you'll need to provide the error messages that you are now receiving...

CJ

3. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi CJ, (long time ehh!!! :cool:)

Can you suggest me this much??

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

I would put the DB on a separate box entirely. Then load up the Dev Suite and check all the functionality. Finally, the installation of NetBeans "should not" IMO be on the same drive as the dev suite. That's where I would start...

HTH

CJ

5. Dulith

Dulith Newly Initiated

Hi..

try with 11G.
    it will work.