1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to identify Base currency code

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by Bharat, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi all,

I would like to know how to identify base currency code for a company. Suppose if we have segment1 as 02 in gl_code_combinations then what is the currency code for it. Please help me on this issue.

2. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat,

Do you mean functional currency? If I'm not wrong the base currency in account combination is the functional currency that setup in Accounting Setups.

Thanks,
    Ying

3. Bharat

Dear Ying,

Yeah, where can we find that. Here they have defined those all things using security profiles by using exclude and include ranges. So is there any way to get that.

4. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat,

I'm not sure If I understand you correctly. But if you want to see the functional currency.
    You can go to Setup > Financials > Accounting Setup Manager > Accounting Setups then select the ledger > Reportting currencies.

Thanks,
    Ying

5. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Yingaringaroses,

Way to go man!!!!!!!!!! keep it up!
    Ramji

6. Bharat

Hi Ying,

I have attached the document with some screenshots. Can you please check it out once. In that last screenshot we can see different values for exclude and include for one selected legal entity for one company. So I want to find out where that exact values are stored or where can we find those security rules. Based on company and legal entity we have to get that security rule and by this we can identify the responsibilities attached to that security rule. So after finding that responsibility we can find out the currency code for that easily. Actually happening here is we have transacted for different countries from USA and now we have to convert that currency to their countries. So for one company we have 3 countries and we did transactions from USA to other 2 countries. So now I want to get amounts in their country currencies. So to this those are in security rules. To do so is there any other way. Please suggest me in this to move further.

Attached Files:

7. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat,

I have seen the screenshot. But sorry ... I don't understand. How many ledger do you have?
    I can't imagine your company structure. I just don't understand how currency's related to security rule.
    I just setup the functional currency at Accounting Setup in GL and when do the transactions in sub modules that the currency is different from functional currency, Oracle has the functional amount field which already calculated the amount to functional currency. Security rule is just applied when enter the accounting combination when do transactions?

Thanks,
    Ying