1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to hide the unaccessable securtiy Groups in Library folders ??

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by yaznesh, Apr 29, 2009.

1. yaznesh

yaznesh Forum Advisor

Hi,

Secnario: In the UCM Content server we have a Library folders. here if i login as specific user with a paricular security permissions, i need to visible only when checkin documents in library folders which is releated to that security group folders only, and i don't want to view the remainig un accessble security group folders . how to hide un accessable securtiy group folders those who are not belonging to that partcular security group ???

I just want to hide, who were not belonging to secuity groups to that user in library folders structure ??

in this regard please help out...some how its urgent

Regards,
    Yaznesh

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

hi yaznesh to hide the folders which the user's don't have access to you will have to use document accounts. Accounts are an additional layer of security above the security groups. If you activate accounts and give accounts to users and then they will be able to see only those folders which have the accounts to which they have at least read access.

3. yaznesh

yaznesh Forum Advisor

hi,

what ever u said, its correct.

when i created ALL departments library folders folders in sysadmin based on the security access, but i have identified the same all departments library folders in every user folders also.
    but i need to hide irrelevent folders based on users and security access.if i login as a specific user, i should able to see only specific user security access releated folders in library folder structure..
    i don't want see another irrelevent folders who doest have the security accessin this user...

so, in this regard i want to see only particular users folders only.

at present we are not using accounts.

please suggest me in this secnario.

4. yaznesh

yaznesh Forum Advisor

hi,

Some how i solved the problem.But i need to hide restricted folders based on users.

Restricted folders did't opend , as per our requirement, restricted folders also should not visible in library folders ??

i would like to know , how to hide or disable restricted , irrelevent folders in library folders based on the user ??
    can any body guide me ... its urgent task.

Regards,
    yaznesh

5. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

i am afraid you can't hide the folders based on users out of the box as far as I know. You have to use accounts for that.