1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to get values from a child form

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by aadityainpccs, Dec 14, 2012.

1. aadityainpccs

aadityainpccs Active Member

HELLO,some body help me that How can i make a mini form which can perform some processing and reflect values to original form using Oracle D2K....thank You.

2. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi,

Again, u need to describe and be li'l more elaborative. Explain what u wanna achieve? what u have done for that? And, how its behaving?

Hamza Bukhari likes this.
  3. aadityainpccs

hello,
    actually my matter is that, I have to make a form (having a button which shows checklist of item code for which no any bar code is generated)So I want when i click at this button then it displays a mini(child form , which shows the list of item codes with a checklist and for those items which are checked by me comes in main form.

for this I thought to use a mini form with parameter values,so Please tell me how can i call a form with parameter values or any other optimized solution for this,if possible then pls suggest me,Thank You.

4. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi,
    I'm still not clear with ur requirement exactly.
    All i got is u wanna navigate from your main screen to some other screen, perform some selection over there and return back to the main screen with the selected values or choices (correct me if wrong) retrieved. Is it?

Frankly speaking, i've never heard of this term "mini form" ever in my d2k experience. Anywayz, I'm getting your scenario gradually, but not enough to vouch for anything. So i need more info about your current form structure(if u've done anything) or else describe in detail the animated version of the program which u desire it to be as.
    ;)

5. aadityainpccs

Hello,
    Firstly the term 'mini form', sense is used for a child form like an alert (in general, not in specific for D2K) anyways now there is no need for animation because you have gotten the main pulse of the problem,So if you have any optimized solution for this then suggest me please. thank you.

Hamza Bukhari likes this.
  6. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi,
    Nope, You probably cudn't get me.

Alerts ain't designed as child forms or so called "mini forms" and neither does any alert presents any such data blocks to choose from and return. So, you probably using invalid nomenclature which is making it even more complexed for me to help. U gotta read Dev_guide's naming standards.

Getting back to the issue,
    Until n unless i get a picture of ur data blocks, low-level program flow and the triggering points, i'm helpless.

For this we generally don't need any other form. What we do is take a different block and a different window to override the primary window and after the "CHOOSING OR SELECTION" .. return back to the primary window.

7. aadityainpccs

Hello,
    Thanks 4 ur suggestion I would consider it.But My mean by 'mini form' was that a form which opens under a main form window as an alert dialog box opens in a form. Anyways I am trying to show my problem through an Image hope it would be cleared to u.[​IMG]
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

• as.doc
      File size:
      158.5 KB
      Views: