1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to get email body from rtf

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by Bharat, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi all,

Is there any chance of getting email body from rtf file. We are using mailx command to send mails here. Now we want to send the data in table format in mail. How can we do this?

We thought of designing the table in rtf. And later on we need to get the data from that rtf to email body.

Are there any possibilities to do this?
    Please suggest me on this.

2. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat,

That's interesting, but need some more clarifications. Plz elaborate the concept (i'll be honest, i haven't done this but maybe i can be of some help)

Were u able to send even 1 mail successfully? If so, how did u triggered the mail and what was the mail content (which was sent to the <recipient(s)>)

And Now, what all changes do you want?
    It's better if take some snaps of the mail, rtf and attach it.

3. Bharat

Yes, using mailx command we are able send mails. But now we want to send the content from file. In that file we have some content. And that should be added as body to our mail. How can we do this?

4. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat!

Hhmm ... what were u earlier sending as content of the mail? ... I mean can't u use file handling to read the respective file content?
    Although i haven't heard of file handling from rtf. Need to check out W3Schools.

5. Bharat

Hi Ari,

Don't know exactly what the syntax we need to follow and also don't know whether it accepts such things or not. So looking for implemented one.