1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

how to find gross book value of asset

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by esha, Dec 18, 2008.

1. esha

esha Active Member

Hi ,
    I have to developed a fixed asset report. In this report the format is like below and parameter is period from and period to

asset period grossbookvalue addition/year transfer/year disposal/closing bal
    1234 Oct-08 0 1200 0 1300
    1234 NOV-08 1200 100 0 0 1300

for oct month closing balance is 1200 which is opening balance for nov-08.

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME HOW TO FIND OUT MONTH WISE GROSS BOOK VALUE LIKE THIS

FOR MORE DETAIL I HAVE ATTCHED THE FILE.

Thanks and Regards
    Esha

Attached Files:

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

hi do you mean that you want the net book value of the asset at the end of every month after considering whatever additions might have happened to the asset?

3. Sadik

by the way the RXi: Asset Listing by Period report gives u net book value at period end for any book and for any period. You may want to take a look at that report's RDF to find how it finds NBV at period end

4. esha

esha Active Member

Hi,
    In my report there is a three section namely gross book value block A,depriciation block B ,net book value c.In my report net book value is there.I can calculate it based on gbvand depriciation block
    net book value c=a-b
    please see the attachement

Thanks and regards
    esha

5. Sadik

hi, ok i went thru the excel sheet, basically what you want is that the user will enter the period from - period to and you will show the GBV - DEP - NBV per period right?

If yes, this is very simple. The RXi: Asset Listing by Period report is a system seeded report which gives exactly what you want for any particular period. Now your problem is that you want for a period range and not for a particular period. The Cost Column in this report's output is the Gross Book Value which you are looking for. I suggest you open this report's RDF and have a look at the formula of Cost Column.

6. esha

esha Active Member

hi,
    the executable method of RXI:Asset listing by report is Spawned.how to see the code
    of this Report.

Thanks and Regards
    Esha

7. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

the RXI:Asset listing report is spawned by the RX-only: Asset Listing by Period which is a PL/SQL stored procedure which runs the procedure FARX_C_AL.asset_listing_run. The code is present in farxalb.pls which is located in $FA_TOP/patch/115/sql

so you can have a look at the code in farxalb.pls. However my experience telle me that deciphering oracle's seeded reports code is very difficult. Is there any particular reason why you can't use this seeded report

8. esha

esha Active Member

Hi,
    U are right but user want only provided format.Is there any simple way to find out this .

9. Sadik

hmmm... i understand, there must be a simpler way. i will explore when i get to office, see if oracle stores the GBV-DEP-NBV period wise anywhere...