1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to do blowfish encryption

Discussion in 'Security, Backup and Recovery' started by rajesh.kalaria, Jan 18, 2011.

1. rajesh.kalaria

rajesh.kalaria Active Member

I have encrypted data (via blowfish) stored in database and I need to decrypt it in a plsql block by using blowfish algorithm. I gone through some of the oracle documentation but I didn't found constant for blowfish algorithm. I might be missing something, so if anyone knows about how to do this, please let me know.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

3. rajesh.kalaria

rajesh.kalaria Active Member

Thanks for your reply and sorry to re-reply on that as I was out of station.
    I first tried by searching in google only but after not finding what I was looking for, then only I made this post.
    Still I didn't understand how can I use that class which is mentioned in the link given by you in plsql procedure.
    My requirement is that I need to do coding in plsql and need to use some in-build function/procedure to decrypt data which is encrypted by blowfish algorithm. If you find any such examples, then please give me link. Thanks.