1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to disable web viewable file storage

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by emt3471, Feb 3, 2010.

1. emt3471

emt3471 Guest

Is there a way to disable the web viewable file storage? Our management is concerned about storage space. They would like to only store the file once (in the vault). Thanks in advance - I'm new at this!

2. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

I am looking for an answer for this issue as well, does anyone know? I am using FileStoreProvider for storing into the database, tried the option rules there but it doesn't work

3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Yes i believe that is possible from the configuration box, wait i'll look it up.

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi,

Try adding this to your config.cfg or in the Configuration section of Admin server:

Code (Text):

suppressAlternateFile=1

this will cause the alternate file portion of the check-in pages to be hidden.

5. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

Sadik,

Thank you - again ;) - for your reply!

What I would like to achieve is to eliminate the web rendition completely from my database as well. As my client will be checking in several terrabytes of images, web renditions will take up a lot of useful space.

I went through the Oracle DB Enterprise Manager to see the file storage location, it appears to have both the original and web rendition, both at the same filesize.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards,
    vibecy

6. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

Just to add up to the thread:

The Alternate File has disappeared (thank you Sadik), I also want to hide the Web Location link in the content information page. How do I do that?