1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to Disable Standard Check-In option

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by tejalmistry, May 11, 2009.

1. tejalmistry

tejalmistry Active Member

Hi,
    I've used different profiles to create separate check-in screens for each and every department.
    I want to disable the Standard Check-In screen and Standard Search options now on the "New Check In" menu and "Search" menu respectively.

Can anybody help me how to do it.

Thanks
    Tejal

2. markH

markH Forum Advisor

you are using profiles per department right? so you must be using info-only for Content Type, right? If not, define a default value for Type for all your profiles and make TYpe info-only. So now if someone tries to use the standard check-in, he can't check-in because Type is info-only and blank!

That is a round-about way but always works :)

If however you wanna get rid of the button itself you will have to modify the Layout files depending on which skin you are using. I haven't done it myself but that should work.

tejalmistry likes this.
  3. tejalmistry

tejalmistry Active Member

Yes I'm using profiles per department and alo I've content type for each department. My type field is info only on all check-in screen. But still Users are able to see the Standard Check In screen and are able to upload documents. Its not the case which you have mentioned. I.e. they can check-in.

4. markH

markH Forum Advisor

Oh sorry i missed telling u that since you have Type info only for all profile fields, similarly make one more rule where you make Type as read-only and make that a global rule. SO now for all your profiles the profile rules will be used and when someone tries to use the Standard check-In button, type will be blank and info-only

tejalmistry likes this.
  5. abhijitprusty@gmail.com

abhijitprusty@gmail.com Active Member

you create a custom component to hide it.

6. abhijitprusty@gmail.com

abhijitprusty@gmail.com Active Member

you create a custom component to hide it.

<@dynamichtml custom_finish_layout_init@>
    <$include super.custom_finish_layout_init$>
    navBuilder.deleteItem('MY_PERSONAL_CHECKINS_'+pneCheckinDocProfiles.length);
    navBuilder.deleteItem('MY_PERSONAL_SEARCHES_'+pneCheckinDocProfiles.length);
    <@end@>