1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to Delete Journal Source from oracle general ledger?

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by tejach.apps, Nov 4, 2011.

1. tejach.apps

tejach.apps Active Member

Hi Team,

Can any one tell me how to delete Journal Source Defined in the Oracle General Ledger?

From the below note ID it is clear that we can not delete the Journal Sources from the Forms.
    {ID 177692.1}

So can any one suggest the alternative way of deleting the Sources which is defined but not Used for any transactions, which means it should not appear in the journal source defination window while we query for the sources ?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
    Teja.

2. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Hi Teja,
    If we are unable to delete any value from the front end (Forms) , it is assumed that we should not delete that type of data and kept for future reference especially in case of GL. What is the need of deleting of Source ?????

3. tejach.apps

tejach.apps Active Member

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for looking into this. I agree with you, but what i mean is when user created the Journal Source mistakely and saved
    as a permenent soulution i expected to delete the source from the list of values from journal source defination window but however found that it is not possiable to do that from front end. But we can delete the journal source from the back end from je_source table as this source is not been used for any transaction. But this issue is resolved as per my client business rule we should not delete any data from the back end that is data base. Hence we Renamed the source as DO Not Use this Source and also enable the Freeze journal source and Requiere journal Approval check boxs in Journal source defination window.
    \
    Thanku very Much.

Regards,
    Teja.

4. venkateswarlu.y@genpact

venkateswarlu.y@genpact Active Member

Hi,

We have an option to delete the Source in GL through running one seeded Concurrent Program (Request) i.e "Delete Journal Import Source"
    it will delete the import transactions of that source