1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to default a price list value for my customer in sales order form

Discussion in 'Oracle CRM' started by Bharat, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi all,

I have created a customer with some default setups like profile class, payment terms, address, bank details, price list and etc. When Iam creating sales order Iam unable to get the price list which is assigned to my customer. In my sales order form price list is coming as default with some value called 'XX'. I want to get my price list for my customer when i create a sales order with my customer. Please suggest me with some solutions.

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

I can give you the solution. I have dealth with this in 11.5.10. But Kindly tell me which version of Oracle are you working on.Then I shall post
    thanks
    Ramji

3. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

Try this and see. Recompile the system items for the application Oracle Inventory. You can do it from different responsibilities. That should fix it.
    cheers
    Ramji

4. Bharat

Hi ramji,

Iam using R12.1.3 version.

5. Bharat

Hi ,

I have tried in different ways like making changes to defaulting rules but in those rules I can't do anything for a particular customer. Just defaulting only price list, order type etc for my sales order form as default.

6. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

Query the Customer and in the Order Management Tab Try to default the price list and retest and see change in behaviour. The order if I remember is Agreement/Customer/OrderType
    Ramji

Bharat likes this.
  7. Bharat

Hi ramji,

I have tried in that way but it is not working for particular customer. It is working for all customers. But here I want to make them constant for particular customer only.

8. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Bharat,

Review and compare that customer with another one for which it works. See if you can find anything different int he setup.
    Ramji

Bharat likes this.
  9. Bharat

Hi ramji,

I have given a try in different way, but is it right process do so. I have set price list to order type using transaction type setup and then made default order type to the customer. So its working but in practice I came to know that for all customers who having that order type is getting that price list only. Need to check that. If any solution for that please guide me to do so.

10. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Bharat,

It follows the hierarchy I mentioned in my earlier post. This is how oracle works. You can override at each level depending on business requirement.
    cheers
    Ramji

Bharat likes this.
  11. Bharat

Hi ramji,

I will check those things and do necessary changes to them as needed for my requirement.

12. Bharat

Hi ramji,

I have created those things in hierarchy what you said. But It is working only for that customer. But I want to do it for all newly created customers. I want to set those things based on customer. As you said I can do it for 1 customer by giving agreement number. But how can I give other customers agreements.