1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to debug a standard oracle report

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by kunal.ank06, May 1, 2015.

1. kunal.ank06

kunal.ank06 Active Member

Hi All,

I am running a standard Oracle Report program. This program is getting errored out with reason ORA 1722: Invalid number. How can I debug this report? I need to know whether it is some data issue or SR is required to be raised.

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Kunal,

Thread moved to appropriate Section (Oracle Forms and Reports) to identify the questions and answers easily and will able to reply quickly.

Coming to the issue:
    Can you please check the where clause in the report query and provide it here. And also please check where attributes or number comparison is happening and check whether number is passing or character is passing to the number field in where clause.

3. kunal.ank06

kunal.ank06 Active Member

Hi Bharat,

I am very new to Oracle apps, so will you please tell me how to check the query for a standard report. I am getting the error when I am running the concurrent program.Where I will get this report.

4. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

You contact with your DBA on getting the Report (.rdf) from Server.

Go to System Administrator --> Concurrent --> Define (Query here with the Concurrent Program Name)
    Take the Executable Name.
    Go to System Administrator --> Concurrent --> Executable (Query here with the Executable)

Send it to DBA to get that rdf.

Then once you get that rdf file, Open it and search for the query in data section.