1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to create the basic workflow tak in the oracle content server

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by nv0044984, Sep 26, 2009.

1. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

Hi all,
    I am new to workflow in oracle content management. I have gone to workflow admin in the admin applets in Administration tab in the left side navigation. i have selected the workflow and added the new workflow with the name. i have selected the Content ID. I have selected the add user and selected the user.
    Now I have selected steps. I have given the name of the step. I have selected the User can review the current version. I have selected the user by name content review (This is the user we have created for reviewing permissions). I have selected the OK.

When I start the workflow, Now it is showing the status as Active.

Now when try to open the Site designer, when i try to preview the page, it is showing the error in the content server.
    The ending web dispersion directory '(null)' for starting directory 'documents' was not found in the path '/idc/groups/public/documents/id_w_corpdevelopment~6'.
    [ Details ]
    intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csFsMissingDispersion,(null),documents,/idc/groups/public/documents/id_w_corpdevelopment~6
    at sitestudio.SSFileServiceHandler.doGetPageError(Unknown Source)
    at sitestudio.SSFileServiceHandler.getPage(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at intradoc.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(ClassHelperUtils.java:461)
    at intradoc.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodReportStatus(ClassHelperUtils.java:142)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceHandler.executeAction(ServiceHandler.java:75)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doCodeEx(Service.java:488)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doCode(Service.java:470)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doAction(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1350)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doAction(Service.java:450)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1191)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doActions(Service.java:445)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.executeActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1111)
    at intradoc.server.Service.executeActions(Service.java:431)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doRequest(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:632)
    at intradoc.server.Service.doRequest(Service.java:1709)
    at intradoc.server.ServiceManager.processCommand(ServiceManager.java:357)
    at intradoc.server.IdcServerThread.run(IdcServerThread.java:195)

So please have look and advise me.
    I think we need to log as content review and review it. Am I right?

If you have any documents or links on basic workflow of Oracle content server, please share with me.

Regards & thanks,
    Nirmala Vijaya Sekhar Varre

2. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

HI,
    I have resolved this issue. You need to take few precaustions while creating the basic workflow.

1. Make sure that you have selected the right security group while creating the new basic workflow.

2. While assign the contributors for the Basic workflow, Make sure that they have write permission for the security group of the workflow. I mean to say that Security group in which you have created the workflow.

3. All reviewers must have Read permissions at least for that security group.

4. Make sure that Content Item must be in the same security group in which workflow has been created.

These are few tips while creating the basic workflow in the Oracle content server.
    Please find PDF in the following URL which provides basic understanding of the workflow concept in the Oracle Content Server.

https://hsihost.qwest.com/idc/help/documentation/admin/workflow_guide_75en.pdf

Regards & thanks,
    Nirmala Vijaya Sekhar Varre