1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to Create Tax Groups for Accounts Receivable in E-Business Tax

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by bk_mathew, Feb 28, 2012.

1. bk_mathew

bk_mathew Active Member

Hi Freinds,

How can we create a Tax Group for Receivable activity in E-Business Tax - Oracle R12 ?. 11i version has got the option of creating Tax Codes and then group them in Accounts Receivable Module itself. We are continuing with the same Tax Groups migrated from 11i. For all the new transactions in R12 , we are using the same Tax Groups migrated for 11i for last 4 months.

But the problem what we are facing is that we cannot create new Tax Groups in the same fashion nor we can activate the old deactivated Tax groups/ codes.

I would like to request you all to help me out, for a solution for creating new Tax Group in R12 - E-Business Tax.

Thanks in Advance

Mathew

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Mathew,

Kindly post the steps that you are doing and where you are getting stuck. What error you are encountering. Kindly capture in a word doc and attach here. It is a very robust module. You need not worry.
    cheers
    Ramji

3. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Mathew,

Was waiting to hear from you. E-business tax does not provide a Tax group solution. Was wondering what To Be process was communicated to you and what steps you were following? Thought you were trying to do some R&D, hence asked for the steps that you were trying to execute.

Instead of creating tax groups, you have the complete flexibility in R12 to create Tax Rules which will take care of the grouping requirements. Let me know and I shall post steps to create and define tax rules.

Best would be for you to take a tax group in 11i and see where and how it appears in R12 that should tell you how R12 approaches the same.
    Ramji

4. suelauren

suelauren Active Member

Hi - I am having an issue simulating 11i Tax Groups with R12 Tax Rules. I've been attempting to follow Oracle Support Note 1544763.1 (R12: How to Create Tax Groups for Payables), but have had no success

Any help would be greating appreciated!

5. erikagza

erikagza Active Member

Does anybody had any luck with this?
    I need some help setting up some groups (or rules in this case) in R12.
    I've been trying to follow the steps on [Article ID 1544763.1] but it doesn't seem to work for me?
    Any help would be very much appreciate it!
    Thanks in advance