1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

how to create a folder in the content Server

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by nv0044984, Sep 19, 2009.

1. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

Hi all,

I am planning to create a virtual folder in the content server. Now, When I check in new content instance, we can keep it in the accounting dept, corporate dept, web assets, image so on and so forth. Now I am want create my folder such as etisaladDB(project name ;-)) .

Is it possible ? If so, please let me know how to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards & thanks,
    Nirmala Vijaya Sekhar Varre

2. ah.yasar

ah.yasar Active Member

you can create a virtual folder by going to administration tab>admin applets>web layout editor.

there select add on left bottom.

put in some page name and press ok

then your can see folder formed.

if you want virtual sub folders ( page links ) click "add" and select local page.

then click on the page created and then click " to child " .

now here you can create the final querie pages ( click add and select "query") where
    the content when checked in gets stored virtually.

regards
    -yasar

3. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

HI,
    Thank you for your response. My Problem would be how to access the content from this virtuval folder.

Any help would be appriciated...

Regards & thanks,

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Are you talking about the Folders component?

5. nv0044984

nv0044984 Active Member

hi,

My requirement is i want to store the all small images of the site into a image folder in the content server which are not so significant but effective in the site presentation like buttons and bullet images. I don't want to check in these images in the Content server. But it should be avaible in the content server.

One of our friends sugested me that use virtuval folder. But here we need to check in the small images and use query get them in to the virtuval folder. I have creted the virtuval folder in web layout in the admin applets. But I am not quite sure how to use the Virtuval folder in the code. So please help me out.

Regards & thanks,