1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to check-in new contents on UCM via e-mails

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by tejalmistry, Mar 12, 2010.

1. tejalmistry

tejalmistry Active Member

Hi,

I want to set up content check-in via emails as ours is a infrastructure company and we have people working at remote site who just have access to their mails and who would like to share information and check in documents on ECM directly via e-mails.

Do you have any idea how to set up such kind of things.

I really appreciate if you provide me some guidelines on this.

Thanks
    Tejal

2. imsean

imsean Active Member

there is a Desktop Integration Component which integrates with Outlook express, i believe. You can use that for people to directly check-in documents from their inbox.

3. tejalmistry

tejalmistry Active Member

Hi imsean,
    Thanks for the reply.
    That is a way which I would try to check. But to use this we have to configure outlook first on the machine where we are having desktop integration. I want to know whether is it possible to configure a mail id in any of the mail servers for UCM and if anybody sends a mail to that id it the content attached to the mail should automatically get uploaded in the UCM.

Thanks
    Tejal

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

No, that will not happen out of the box. You will need to write a custom service in UCM which connects to a particular mailbox on your mailserver and checks new emails for attachments and in turn calls check in new service with the attachment. The first service will also need to run periodically. If you want to do this you are looking at a customization. It can be done with a custom Java service.

tejalmistry likes this.