1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to change the accounting class from Cash Clearing to Cash on AP Payment

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by yingsras, Feb 12, 2012.

1. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I set the Cash Account and Cash Clearing Account on Bank and entered many Payment transactions.
    Then I don't want to use the Cash Clearing Account. I want it's directly go to Cash Account when Create Payment Accounting.
    So I delete the Account at Cash Clearing Account on Bank Account Page. Then clear cache. After that I tried to enter the payment transaction with this Bank.
    But after create accounting, the Accounting Class is still "Cash Clearing" and the account code is the cash clearing code in-spite of I deleted it.
    Can anyone please tell me that it cannot be changed?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Yingras,

What is your payables set up? account for payment setup? Thats where you need to make the change am giving you a hint.
    cheers
    Ramji

3. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi Ramji,

Thank you very much for your update.

Please let me ask you a question.
    Which part of Payables did you ask for the setup?

I would like to change the accouting class after create accounting when finish AP payment transaction from "Cash Clearing" to "Cash".
    Now when create account i got this accounting entry:

Dr Liability
    Cr Cash Clearing

I would like to change to

Dr Cash
    Cr Liability

Just don't need the Cash Clearing because don't wantto do the Bank Reconcile.

Thanks,
    yingsras

4. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Dear Yingras,

I want you to check the Payables options all of them and find out yourself. Two checkboxes there determine when accounting happens.
    Accounting when payment is issued and Accounting when payment is cleared should be checked as you are getting the cash clearing.
    Also there is no such entry Cash a/Dr
    To Liability

If you still are not able to find I will help. Self help is the best help. This is after all an ERP system .Screw it up and you can always fix. Have no fears , just apply yourself.
    Ramji