1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to change content ID for mass update

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by sandeepg, Jul 8, 2009.

1. sandeepg

sandeepg Active Member

I am facing a problem with Content ID. The content ID which I have used on development server already exist on production servers, so it will cause a problem in deployment as the content will be overwritten.

I want to change the prefix of content ID(for example if content ID is TEST_006861 then i would like to change it to NEW_002367).

Is there any way to update the prefix of content ID for many a items which are already in content server?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

yes you can but it's risky. The content id is kept in the ddocname column in the revisions table. But this same value may have been referenced in other tables, so doing a back-end update may be risky. If however, there is no option, just check all the tables in the stellent schema (there aren't too many) and see where all this column is and update in all the places.

And i just remembered, there will be another problem. If you are using PDF or a similar convertor all the converted filenames contain this ddocname.