1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to adjust PO qty which is a closed one

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by fin_mate@yahoo.com, Jun 27, 2013.

1. fin_mate@yahoo.com

fin_mate@yahoo.com Active Member

Hi All,

I have an issue with a closed PO..

We have a PO 123 with 100qty in the period Dec 2012. ( client is using 3rd party tool purchasing). For the same PO 123, we have received 150qty and paid for the 150 qty in the period Jan 2013. however this excess qty was not caught earlier, but the same is recognised in jun 2013.. So here my issue is how deal with the excess qty 50 in PO?

Please advise...

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

How much quantity is there at line level ? How many Lines are there in PO ?

3. fin_mate@yahoo.com

Hi Bharat,

we have only one line in the PO and it has 100qty. That PO is in closed status and also the periods in purchasing and payables are closed (since these transactions were recorded in Dec2012 and Jan2013 periods respectively)

I assume that cant make any adjustments from payables side, since we have received 150qty and paid for the received qty 150.

Can i add a line with the difference Qty (i.e 50Qty) to the existing PO by re-opening it? If i add a PO line, then how to deal with that new line Qty. Because iam not going to receive it again, since it is already received and paid.Client is using 3rd Party tool for Purchasing transactions.

Please advise me to rectify it...

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

4. Bharat

Is there any tolerances setup for receipt ?

5. fin_mate@yahoo.com

Hi Bharat,

Tolerances were being setup at receipt level, It should have caught at receiving itself, but it was not caught. We are trying to get the reason why it was not traced at receiving.

6. Bharat

If you setup at receipt level then we can increase quantity according to the given percentage. May be the reason its allowing to accept 150 instead of 100 Qty. Now whats the exact problem and what you are looking for ?

7. fin_mate@yahoo.com

Hi Bharat,

We have a PO (No:123) with 100 Qty. Against the PO, we have received 150 Qty
    (recipt No:456). Invoiced (No:789) for the 150 Qty and paid it. All these transactions were belongs to earlier periods and these periods are closed. Now we have identified that the Qty on the PO is less when compare with the receipt (this is identified in audit). That the excess Qty we received should have a corresponding PO. So we need to adjust the excess received Qty (50Qty) in purchasing, here we are looking for a solution .i.e how to adjust those 50 qty in purchasing... pls provide your suggestion..

8. Bharat

Hi mate,

In Invoice level, do you matched with PO or Receipt ? If it's matched with Receipt then there is no problem in this case. But whenever we match with PO it shows as overbill issue as its (150) is more than 100(Requested Quantity)in the PO. So in the distribution level it shows as Price Variance I think. Please confirm which matching option you had done for the Invoice.

9. a_kamalraj

a_kamalraj Forum Advisor

Hey Fin,

Check there is an Option of Correction at Receipt level. Can you check that where you can do a correction on the receipt and Process it.

Cheers
    Kamal(kamal.love@gmail.com)

10. a_kamalraj

a_kamalraj Forum Advisor

Hi Fin,

There are two ways to achieve your issue

1) Re-open closed PO and do the changes as required
    2) Do the reversal of accounting and payment cancellation for the Invoice created against the PO and make the correction

Cheers
    Kamal(kamal.love@gmail.com)

11. fin_mate@yahoo.com

Hi Bharat,

Yes, the invoice is matched with PO. Client is using some other 3rd party tool to track purchasing transactions.

Regards,

12. fin_mate@yahoo.com

Hi Kamal,

Wanna thank you for your suggestions.

Here are issue descriptions on your valuable suggestions.

1.Re-open closed PO and do the changes as required: I feel this solution will resolve my issue, But how to proceed iam not sure .i.e. PO belongs to the period Dec 2012, which already closed. If i add a line to the existing PO with the difference Qty (50Qty), how this line should be handled, because this 50Qty is already received and paid. so it shouldnt again interface with payables.

2.Do the reversal of accounting and payment cancellation for the Invoice created against the PO and make the correction: This payment is done in the period Jan2013, which is a closed period. We have paid for the right Qty which was received and it was a genuine transaction. So we need to make changes from PO side i believe.

Please advise me how to handle in PO and correct me if iam wrong anywhere...

thanking you and waiting for your further suggestions...

Regards,