1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How to ADD new columns to an existing report whose columns are from different tables?

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by narrasai27, Jun 7, 2013.

1. narrasai27

narrasai27 Active Member

Hi all,

how to add new columns to an existing report which have several repeating frames and this new columns belongs to different tables how to add this columns in data model and how to modify the paper layout . Expecting a very good reponse with clear explanation.

2. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Re: How to ADD new columns to an existing report whose columns are from different tab

Hi,

You're expecting a clear explanation whereas the post isn't specific enough to be clearly figured.

Plz post a proper case study kinda doc, so we can understand the scenario better and provide u precise solutions.

Although ! From what intuitions i'm getting, Do u mean here .. u've got a single source data model which u obviously created from the wizard and the paper layout as well. Now u wanna add another source and join the data also displaying few attributes in the paper layout. Is it? (If so, then plz confirm whether u wanna add another source in the same Query or another one?)

3. narrasai27

narrasai27 Active Member

Re: How to ADD new columns to an existing report whose columns are from different tab

Well,

now i have to customise AR report which has many columns from tables like
    ar_payment_schedules ,ra_customer_trx , hz_cust_accountshz_parties ,hz_customer_profiles,hz_customer_profile ,ar_cash_receipts ,
    ar_receivable_applications , ar_receivable_applications.

now the scenario is i have to add few more columns which are from tables mtl_parameters,ra_terms and so on..
    So now can you tell me how to follow the procedure for this task like after finding out the table name for tht particular column how to link to the query and mainly how to fit it in the paper layout. bcoz i have to include this columns in the middle of the existing columns so how could i achieve this.

4. narrasai27

narrasai27 Active Member

5. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

U din't answered this ..

Ok !! First of all, if u've done the required changes in the data model then upload a snapshot of the data model. Or else if u haven't done the changes required then also do the same plus answer the above question.
    Don't forget to mark the each attribute's table sources of the data model.

As for the paper layout, u gotto make the required changes manually in the layout by adding boilerplates and fields for the additional columns.

6. narrasai27

narrasai27 Active Member

Hi arijit,

if you can provide me ur email id i will mail you the complete details to ur mail id.
    if its not secure to give your mail id let me revert me back.

7. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi,

U Got attachments option here in the forum. You can upload it using that. Go to advanced reply mode.

8. narrasai27

narrasai27 Active Member

see the data model and layout model they are five queries in the data model which are linked and the columns needed to be added are 7 columns which are ra_terms table which is not there in the query and some columns are from the query so how to add the columns and give the link to that new source

Attached Files:

9. narrasai27

narrasai27 Active Member

These are the five queries and the new columns are from
    1) order no from ra_customer_trx
    2) invoice _dae from same
    3)term from ra_terms
    4)receipt date from ar_cash_receipts
    5) org from mtl_parameters

Attached Files:

10. narrasai27

narrasai27 Active Member

they are five responsibilites
    1)south
    2)north
    3)east
    4)west
    so these five responsibilites have the concurrent program report xyz each in it now the user if want the report for east shd go to east resp and for south shd go to south resp and so on so now the requirement is it has to run for the entire regions once bassed on the parameter called type

11. narrasai27

narrasai27 Active Member

parameter form is like this
    extra two parameters have to be added known as
    type high
    and
    type low

based on which all the records from all regions(south,central,east,west) have to come once if not entered all the regions records has to come

Attached Files:

12. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi,

Firstly, add the payment terms query to the data model by inserting another query (link it with the term_id of customer transactions).
    This will result in you having all the additional columns u require to display in the paper layout. Is it right? Or else correct me.

See, the layout changes can't be described u gotto make space for the additional columns and insert the fields in the frame where u want them to be. If u wan't any guidance regarding the same .. follow the doc Link

Couldn't properly get the region concept. How exactly u want the report to run? ...
    Till what i got it was, that u wan't the report to run specific for that region from which resp the concurrent was run. Is that it?

13. narrasai27

narrasai27 Active Member

hi

what is the join condition for ra_customer_trx and ar_cash_receipts...
    and how to find actually the join condition between two tables.

14. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi,

For joining these two tables u gotto relate ar.ar_receivable_applications_all and probably u'll get the joins u need. U Can also derive the joins, if u look into the functional processing a li'l deeply. Like U enter receipts from the customers and then according to the status of the receipt u apply those receipts to the transactions. So, this is how it relates to applications in b/w.

U Gotto study the Oracle modular Impl Guides and its provided in there the database architecture of the module.