1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How long to get my Logo for OCP?

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by jamuna_j, Nov 10, 2012.

1. jamuna_j

jamuna_j Active Member

Hi
    Happy to say that I cleared my 11G PL/SQL OCP today with 90%.. :)
    Can someone let me know when I will receive the official logo access, as I would like to place it in my resume ASAP.
    I understand that I need to wait for the postal communication, as I did for my Associate logo.
    But is there a way I can request my Professional logo separately from Oracle University? i.e without waiting for the postal communication which usually takes more than a month.

Thanks!

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

You won't get the OCP logo until you pass ALL of the exams required for the path you've chosen. Passing one does not make you an OCP.

3. jamuna_j

jamuna_j Active Member

David
    Right info, but wrong assumption. :)

While that kind of judgement was not relevant to my question, and quite hurting too, because I'm not foolish enough to think that just one exam makes me an OCP, let me tell you that I already held an OCA prior to this - clearing two exams as required in my path.
    I completed the one exam I needed to jump to OCP level: 1z0-146. I'm quite sure this is all I need for my OCP, unless Oracle has added new exam requirements in the past 2 days, I'm all set :)

May I ask what word/phrase in my statement made you think I was claiming my OCP after passing just one exam?? I don't think I even mentioned anything of that sort... I trust you had very good intentions with that reply, and I do not have the age or experience to tell you right and wrong. But that was a comment made on the assumption that I was wrongly claiming my status as an OCP - I have studied and worked hard to get to this level and I felt really bad reading that, especially from a person of your stature

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

"Happy to say that I cleared my 11G PL/SQL OCP today with 90%.. :)"

This is usually the first exam taken on the path to OCP and I've encountered others who have thought that passing one exam in the series entitled them to the OCP logo and other relevant materials. I, too, am an OCP so I'm familiar with the territory. No mention was made that you had previously attained OCA status and were working on the final exam for OCP.

You should have posted your OCA status before you posted your passing of the PL/SQL exam.

To answer your original question knowing all of the facts -- it will probably take 30 to 60 days to receive your OCP packet in the mail.

jamuna_j likes this.
  5. jamuna_j

jamuna_j Active Member

Thanks for your reply.. I was actually asking about the possibility of logo access before I receive the official post... call me desperate..!! :)
    I can understand the reason for your interpretation... 1z0-146 is also a 'PL/SQL' exam :). And it is not mandated for me to mention that I'm an OCA because some people may think otherwise. All I had was a straight-forward question about the logo, nothing about my OCP status, so I never thought of the assumptions it would cause.

6. jamuna_j

jamuna_j Active Member

Update: I got an e-mail communication which allows me to access the online version of certification details. So I guess my problem is solved.. :)