1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How I can automatically create Blankets from Requisitions?

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by mgallicchi, Nov 28, 2011.

1. mgallicchi

mgallicchi Guest

I have the need to standardize the process of buying of the orders and blankets.
    Now orders are created from the requisitions.
    I want to do the same with the blanket.
    With autocreate is not possible.
    Is there any other possibility?
    thanks
    Maurizio

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Mgallichi,

I just saw this. My comments on your query are....

ERP mirrors business processes and you need to approach software functionality in line with business processes and functional logic.
    What is a Blanket Purchase agreement?
    When you know the quantity of goods that you will be buying from a supplier but you are not sure of the schedule of suppliers which could be staggered over a period of time, you enter into a blanket purchase agreement.
    Essentially a requisition will be entered depending on demand for the good from time to time which you do not know upfront.
    And each time a lot of goods is received it is called a blanket release which is possible using auto create requisition.
    Thus you can enter blanket releases from autocreate requisitions but not a blanket purchase agreement.
    The way Oracle has been designed meets the highest standards. The way we think should also match those standards.
    Best Regards,
    Ramji

3. erp.narendrag

erp.narendrag Forum Expert

Dear Mgallichi,

you can create blankets through requisitions before that you need to do some step's like

set up 1: create approved supplier list
    set up 2: create sourcing rules
    set up 3: create approval assignments(it is a link between approved supplier list and sourcing rules)

Regards,
    Narendra