1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How can we download a document in APEX

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by Bharat, May 27, 2014.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi All,

Am new to Oracle APEX and my client requirement is to download a document which is attached to an item from Application end. Anyone provide some steps to do this or guide me on this to do it.

2. ocprep

ocprep Forum Advisor

Bharat likes this.
  3. Bharat

Hi ,

I have developed an Database application with normal html page and added text field and search button in it and again added another region and added report content and displayed the attachments When we enter item name in the text field and press search/enter button. Now I want to download that displayed attachment in the report region. Please suggest me to do this.

The exact requirement is, if we attach any document to the items in the inventory then if we enter that item name in the text field of APEX Page and if we press search button then it will display the attachments which are attached to that item and if we click that item, it has to be downloaded.

Please guide me on this.

4. ocprep

ocprep Forum Advisor

In the app I have, files are uploaded for travel expenses to a given itinerary. All the files are displayed in a report for the travel approvers to view, with the file name hyperlinked to call the application process described in the link I provided earlier. Clicking that link downloads the file. This sounds similar enough to your 'search results' that the same basic technique should be applicable.

5. Bharat

Hi ocprep,

Gone through the following link which contains videos and code scripts which are useful to download a document which contains in the table with BLOB Data.

Upload and Download a file through APEX

6. Bharat

Hi ,

Downloading attachments functionality works successfully, but unable to get attachments names and getting f as attachments names for all the downloading documents. Can anyone please suggest a solution on this.

7. Bharat

Hi ,

Can anyone please suggest us on this.