1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

How Can I Change Wrong Currency Reports & Invoices?

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by vins1432000, Jan 20, 2012.

1. vins1432000

vins1432000 Active Member

I was Entered Daily Currency Rate in INR to USD Wrongly. and Booked Sales Order. After that My Invoice shows wrong Currency Billing and Reports shows wrong amounts. how i can solve this problem?

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi

Since you say Invoice, I am assuming you have shipped the items and auto-invoice has run and created the invoice with the wrong currency. In this case you can do two things, either create a credit memo against this invoice so your customer balances will become "0" for this transaction. Then do a misc. receipt for the item to receive it back in inventory. Alternately do a customer return against the line item which you shipped.

3. vins1432000

Thanks....
    But there is no other option for this ..... lets me explain ..by step by step..

1. i was entered currency wrongly INR to USD i.e. 1USD = 46.16 INR instead of this i was entered 52.415 USD = 46.16 INR

2. I was booked SO

3. Shipped & Run Vat Invoice Report

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

No since your item is shipped, sales order will not allow cancelling / modification of the line item, Since you have run the Vat Invoice Report, the India Vat tables would have been populated. So functionally speaking, nothing else can be done.

5. vins1432000

thanks for your valuable reply

6. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

hello,

Do not create a manual credit memo.
    Do a RMA on the same date.
    Then correct the rate and enter and book a fresh order and complete the cycle
    ramji

vins1432000 likes this.