1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Homologate importing bank transactions - generate Txt with format from excel

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by JoseMaximo, Jun 24, 2014.

1. JoseMaximo

JoseMaximo Active Member

Hi, sorry i don't write englis very well, i have a problem when i need import in oracle financial, bank transactions from excel or generate text file from excel.

thanks. regards.

2. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi Jose,

The question is not very clear.
    Let me reply you by asking a few questions myself to help you clarify and see if I can help:

1) By
    , are you referring to importing bank statements in Oracle Cash Management module ?

2) What you mean by
    ? Do you mean to say that you want to generate a text file from an Excel document ? If yes, then you just have to "Save As" a "CSV" file (Comma delimited) and open in any text editor (Notepad for example) or "vi" in Unix like environment

3) What version of Oracle EBS are you on ?

3. JoseMaximo

JoseMaximo Active Member

Hi, From Peru rajenb.

Very thanks for your help.:)

I have Oracle EBS 2004.

Yes, i refer to importing bank statements in Oracle Cash Management module.

I working with 5 banks and every one send me to text file, .xlsx or .csv with different formats.
    I need convert from .xlsx to txt file to import to Oracle.

the issue is, that :
    I just have to "Save As" a "CSV" file (Comma delimited) from excel, but when i want import, don't load. (i get error about CAST).

Do you know if bank statements in Oracle Cash Management module, has a standard format.

Very Thanks.

Attach 2 picture from Oracle.

Regards

Attached Files:

4. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi Jose,

It looks like you have Oracle EBS R11 (by 2004, I suppose you mean installed in Year 2004).

I don't have EBS R11 to verify but it should be similar to what we have in R12.

To answer your above question, let me give you a brief of what I know in R12:

The Bank Statement Loader can load the following three bank statement file formats - please refer to Oracle CM documentation for more details:
    • BAI2
    • SWIFT940
    • User-defined

If your bank uses a format other than BAI2 or SWIFT940, then you need to develop a SQL*Loader script and create a new mapping template for that format (which I personally would try to avoid).

The standard SQL*Loader scripts are located in $CE_TOP/bin as BAI2.ctl or SWIFT940.ctl.

However, since each bank adopts the above standards slightly differently, you need to do some setups in CM module - you can't just convert each file from different banks to text and load. If you google around, you'll find sample file formats of both layouts and then you can see which one matches with yours (or check with your Bank if they can provide in one of the standards).

There is a very informative article on this process - check this link:
    http://www.shareoracleapps.com/2012/04/steps-to-implement-bank-statement.html

The screen shots and steps are for R12 (and in English not in Spanish :)) and I suppose you'll find the equivalent screens in R11.

Hope this helps.

JoseMaximo likes this.