1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Hi!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by crispywhip, Sep 17, 2009.

1. crispywhip

crispywhip Active Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Tony and I'm from the Massachusetts. I'd like introduce myself and be a part of the community.

I graduated with a Bachelors in Computer Engineering and currently been doing IT work for
    2 1/2 years now. I provide application/desktop support for a Pharmaceutical company. Now as the days go by I keep getting this feeling that I need to specialize in something.

Becoming an Oracle DBA sounds extremely interesting and enticing to me. The problem is
    I haven't taken a programming class or data structures class in a few years now. So I'm a bit rusty. But I will do what it takes to learn Oracle and become a DBA!! I know some of you are thinking that this is a bit ambitious. But if set my mind to it I know I can do it.

My question to the community is where do you think is a good place to start? Certs? Classes? Books?

Thanks!
    T

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hello Tony...

A bit late in the day but a warm :welcome to Club-Oracle. Do feel free to ask your questions here.

Regards
    Sadik