1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Hi Club Oracle! Keep Clubbing!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AZDBA, May 29, 2012.

1. AZDBA

AZDBA Active Member

Hi all,
    I came across this site on my venture to learn more about Oracle, SQL & DBA as a whole. I'm working as a Junior DBA in a Bank in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa. I've already found some very interesting documents to download and I feel like this is already a benefitial site.
    Any tips/question/insight in regards to being an accidental or novice, no work experience DBA would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks to the admin/s & users, great forums,jokes,info....

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi AZDBA

Welcome to Club-Oracle and many thanks for your appreciation. At the end this is a community and it will only be as good as it's members! And you are a welcome addition.

Regards ans best of luck

3. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

I started the same way you have, as an 'accidental' DBA (as you put it) 22 years ago where such forums did not exist and online documentaiton was but a glimmer of hope for those of us needing such a tool. Today we have online docs, several good forums, blogs (some good, some not so good) and other websites (again some good, some not) to assist us. As nice as all of those items are they can create more confusion than clarity. I'm happy to know you find value here; as your skills improve please contribute your knowledge to the group as this s a community where knowledge is shared (but of course you know that :D ).

Enjoy, learn and give back when you can.

Sadik likes this.
  4. AZDBA

AZDBA Active Member

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the kind words @ Sadik, @ Zargon, There is so much info out there, and too much of anything is never good, so I can relate to that statement. You have to zero in to what you need now and then take it step by step, and this website is helping me "somehow".
    For now If I post what I know, it should automatically be posted in the jokes section because it will seem so mediocre, god willing, If I learn anything new that is significant enough to post on here, I will instantly, or anything confusing that other might be experiencing.
    I am humbled by your hospitality.

5. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Thanks AZDBA... in my personal experience the best way to learn is by falling headlong into the problem and attempting to solve it yourself. So practice and do not be afraid to try out! :)

AZDBA likes this.