1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Hi all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by olddog, Oct 7, 2010.

1. olddog

olddog Active Member

I must have gone through a mid life crisis or something, at the age of 48 I decided to embark on a new career in I.T. I have been introduced to Oracle which is great but alas I,m not getting much help from Uni lecturers on the subject. So basically I have been self taught, and if I can answer any problems that come up I'll certainly try and help.:)

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi OD

Welcome to club-oracle... In my experience the best way to learn is through practice. I hope you do have a test system in place where you can practice to learn

And all the best... :)

3. olddog

olddog Active Member

Hi Sadik
    yes I am currently using Oracle 10g and practice most days, however one of my problems is I don't know when to quit, when faced with a problem I wont stop until its solved, Before I put my hand up for help I exhaust all possibilities and resources.

Chhers

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

That's a brilliant attitude. It's this never giving up attitude which helps us learn the most. i am more of an application guy then a database guy but i too end up spending countless hours over sometimes trivial issues just to make sure it works the absolutely right way.