1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Help needed using Stellent PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by jdoctor, Jul 21, 2009.

1. jdoctor

jdoctor Active Member

Hi All:

Would someone please explain how I can check in a PowerPoint presentation that has an embedded video and have it play in PROD and not get the black screen?

We tried to check it in normally as a document, then we tried to check it in as a multi-media -- Neither option worked.

We are at a loss - PLEASE PLEASE help me :(

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi

If you checked in your PPT, then when you click on the native file link it should open in MS Powerpoint. Or is it that you are trying to contribute an embedded video in PPT on your site?

3. jdoctor

jdoctor Active Member

I am trying to contribute a Ppt that has an embedded video as one of the slides. The Ppt works, but the video doesnt when I upload it...

4. Sadik

I am not really getting you here. Firstly are you talking about your sitestudio website or are u talking about simply a UCM content? I am assuming it is the latter, but you need to explain what you are trying to do and how.

5. jdoctor

jdoctor Active Member

No problem. It may be my frustration talking. Here goes:

I have a Ppt document. Within that Ppt document is a video (embedded as a slide).

I need to put the Ppt document into the UCM (check it in).

When I check it in and select the "type" - either Document or Multimedia. The embedded video slide doesn't work.

I know it doesn't work because when I refresh my PROD site, the only thing I get when I click to that slide is a blank black screen.

I need to know what I need to do to check in this Ppt so I can have the embedded video slide work when it is up on the website.

6. Sadik

Ok got u now. I don't think an embedded video in ppt would work. Have you tried contributing a video file like wmv,avi or mpg or swf directly as a multimedia? Does that work? I don't think SSPU can render video embedded within PPTs but I haven't tried it ever. The problem will be that dynamic convertor when converting from ppt would not know what to do with the video. I suggest trying out a simple video file directly first.

jdoctor likes this.
  7. jdoctor

jdoctor Active Member

Yeah that is what we will probably end up doing. Thanks so much for the quick response. I really appreciate it:D

8. Sadik

you are most welcome.