1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

HELP! Migrating from mainframe to OF (AR) - where do I start!!

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by kristyhenderson, Sep 23, 2011.

1. kristyhenderson

kristyhenderson Active Member

Hi there,

Our company is embarking on implementing Oracle Financials (Accounts Receivable module).

We are moving from ObjectStar (mainframe) to OF and I am after some process workflows of how this occurs.. a bit more detailed than install OF, configure OF and migrate data!

I have been asked to look at the data in the legacy system (I am a data analyst) to determine the integrity of it and what should migrate...but its hard to know where to start if I don't know what the target system needs...

I would also really like some info as to what data elements are required in OF so that I can start mapping our data to their table structure and identifying what gaps exist...

I know its a big question but not sure where to start and there are sooooo many documents to read. I am sat at my desk reading the Oracle Receivables Implementation Guide Release 12 but not sure if this is where I should be starting...

Please - can anyone help me!!

Kristy,

Adelaide (Australia)

2. tejach.apps

tejach.apps Active Member

Hi Kristy,

If Your job is to look after the data migration then you need to have a look in to the Interface tables in OF AR module.
    Because initlly the date will sit in this tables only then we can move them ot Base tables accordingly.
    at the same time you can anlysie what are all the data that you can map from your legacy system to the OF AR.
    You can easly found columns which will match your legecy system data. Try to pull all the data avaliable in th legecy in to the interface table.

Regards,
    Teja.

3. kristyhenderson

kristyhenderson Active Member

Hi Teja,
    Thanks so much for replying!
    That is exactly what I need - the name of the OF AR Interface tables to establish what data elements I need to fulfil.
    Our legacy system is ObjectStar and getting data out it is complex, not user friendly and non-relational so I want to define what data elements I need and then go search in the legacy system.

I will go dig further - thanks again,
    Regards,
    Kristy