1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Hello from upstate NY

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by littleboy, Jan 12, 2011.

1. littleboy

littleboy Active Member

Hi All,

My name is Bill. I'm an IT manager and I'm new to the Oracle world. We just purchased the e-business suite (20+ modules including OPM) a few weeks ago and are starting the implementation process in February. It's going to be a fun, crazy time for the next 9 months which is our goal to get most of the modules in. We're leaving Demantra, Hyperion, PLM, and CRM for next year.

I'm excited to find this site and have a place where I can get some experienced advice or comments as we embark on this new adventure.
  2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Bill,

Welcome to Club-Oracle!

I wish you best of luck in your implementation. Yes I can assure you it's going to be a crazy time. I can tell you your two main challenges will be a>getting your core business users to dedicate full time during the design phase and b>data conversion from your legacy system. But it will be worth it at the end. 20+ modules within 9 months seems a little rushed to me, but it's doable if you have an experienced implementation team.