1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Group Asset Depreciation Logic

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by frankthetank, Jun 20, 2013.

1. frankthetank

frankthetank Active Member

Hi I have a requirement from our business to use depreciation distribution sets on Group assets. This is because they need to update the depreciation distribution sets quartely with new combinations and updating a depreciation distribution set will only affect new assets linked to the distribtion set. Thus, the user faces having to update the depreciation accounting on each asset quartely if we can not use group assets.

The issue I am having is that the depreciation calculation for a group asset is different to an individual asset (SEE DOCUMENT ATTACHED). I can get around this by updating the following settings on the Group Asset:

Tracking Method: Calculate Member Asset Amount
    Depreciate by: Memebr Method
    Sum Member Asset Depreciation to Group: Yes

However when I do this the accounting depreciation comes from the indiviudal asset and not the group, so I am back to square one :(

Do you have any suggestions how I can use the Group Asset functionality to drive the Depreciation accounting but make the depreciation calculation equal to the sum of the individual assets?

Attached Files:

2. Yumna

Yumna Active Member

3. frankthetank

frankthetank Active Member

Yumna - you do not have anything more specific perhaps. I have based a lot of my research so far off this document.
    Thanks
    Frank

4. Yumna

Yumna Active Member

Yes indeed your query is pretty difficult to understand however raise SR for that and do let us know the solution of it. :)

5. Yumna

Yumna Active Member

one thind more have you ever used 'CASH GENERATING UNIT' (CGU) for group of assets???