1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Gl calendar validation issue

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by Shaheen, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Shaheen

Shaheen Active Member

Hi

I'm having issue with my GL Calendar. Please find attached related documents explaining the issue in more details. Note that our Financial year starts from July 2015 and ends in June 2016. We have recently set up a new organization on Oracle R12 instance and now we are encountering issue with the calendar. I will appreciate if anyone can help me to resolve same ASAP. I can't really figure out where is the root of the problem.

Thanks.
    Shaheen

Attached Files:

2. Naveen Reddy

Naveen Reddy Active Member

Can you confirm you say that your financial year is JUL to JUN right?
    Then why in you calendar i see as below
    upload_2016-2-17_20-35-43.png

Hence in report you are getting error as The following periods are not in sequential order by date: because quarter 3 is jan 2015 instead of 2016

correct me if i am wrong

Regards
    Learner

3. Naveen Reddy

Period name it can be Jan-15 ,no problem but Date should be as 1-Jan-2016 to 31-DEC-2016...So on same to 1-Jan-2017 to 31-DEC-2017

Regards
    Learner

4. Shaheen

Shaheen Active Member

Hi Naveen

Thank You for the reply. In fact, Initially I had defined my calendar as per attachment 'Initial Calendar'. Then when I could not open my Jan-2016 period; I ran the calendar violation Report and got the attached report 'Calendar Violation Report'. Based on this report, which told me that some months are missing for 2015 and 2016; Hence, I defined those months and I could then open Jan-2016 period. But the issue now is that OFS is considering my year end processing as Dec-2015 when it should have been Jun-2015. i.e. When posting the Jan 2016 entries on Oracle, same is being considered as a new year and all P&L items are being transferred to Retained earnings account. Any reason for this? What do you advise to do in this case? Given that I have a Test instance, I can try reimplementing the ledger on same and test; but please tell me how should I define my calendar or is there any other setup that I have missed?

Thanks.

Shaheen

Attached Files:

5. Kasi Reddy

Kasi Reddy Active Member

Hi Shaheen,
    Are you planing to create calendar for your yearly basis or quarterly kindly let me know.Will help you.

Thanks,
    Kasi.

6. Shaheen

Shaheen Active Member

Thanks Kasi.
    I'm trying to create for yearly basis. Actually we have already posted transactions since July 2015 till Dec 2015 and now OFS considering Jan 2016 as a new year which should not have been the case as our financial year ends in June 2016. I'm stuck as I don't know whether have to re implement and how to define the calendar if so?

Thanks to advise.

Kind Regards
    Shaheen

7. Shaheen

Shaheen Active Member

Hi Kasi

Can you please advise?

Thanks & Kind Regards
    Shaheen

8. Naveen Reddy

Hi Shaheen,

Not sure how you are loading could you check in below test instance
    upload_2016-2-23_19-51-34.png

9. Naveen Reddy

And also is the your instance calendar starting calendar itself is from 2015 or before
    If itis from before please send me the extract from starting of the calendar as above

Regards
    Learner