1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Get All Custom Profile.

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by amer_alsharif, Sep 3, 2012.

1. amer_alsharif

amer_alsharif Active Member

Dear,
    how to get all declared(custom) profile names and metadata fields from Oracle ECM ?
    i need service name and sample code if aviliable..

Thanks

2. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

It would help to know what version of the Content Server you are using and what you are trying to accomplish. There is a service called GET_DOCPROFILES, but this lists all of the profiles on the server, but individual users might see a different set. There are newer services that give the list of profiles for a given user, and will give a different list for Search and Check In. This is a little complicated because the service name changed, and there is now a mechanism to get it.

For the other info, try GET_DOC_CONFIG_INFO

What language are you developing your code in?

3. amer_alsharif

amer_alsharif Active Member

thanks for reply,
    i used GET_DOCPROFILES service but this service return all metadata fields that declared on ECM,
    i need service or custom code that return collection of profile names (contain all metadata fields)
    for example:

profile name : Students
    metadata fields(Content bean of system names):xStudentId
    xStudentName
    xStudentAddress ,...ect.
    -my language is java.

4. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

I think you mean that GET_DOC_CONFIG_INFO returns all of the metadata fields. GET_DOCPROFILES just gives you the profile names and the trigger information.

So you want a service that will return a list of profiles along with the metadata fields that are shown by that profile. I don't know if such a service exists. You might try doing a CHECKIN_NEW with a dpTriggerValue set to match a profile and with IsJava=1 and see if the x* fields listed in the LocalData are the ones you expect to be restricted to that profile. Don't forget that checkin and search can use different fields.