1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

General ledger summary accounts

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by tomloera, May 19, 2016.

1. tomloera

tomloera Forum Expert

Hello Friends;

I have the next issue

We have a lot account summaries and I want if is possible identify what accounts have a lot time in not use for can put in disable status

We review one filed of last update but this field is modify when run the process of create accounting

Thanks a lot by your help

Regards
    Tomas

2. Charlie_K_CPA

Charlie_K_CPA Newly Initiated

Tomas:

Are you asking about parent values or summary accounts? Parent values are logical constructs that relate a single parent value (non-postable)
    to one or more ranges of child values. A summary account is an actual account that the system posts to, however, no direct individual posting is possible -- it represents one or more accounts (account meaning the full accounting strip - segment for each segment value stored as a unique record in the code combinations table)
    Summary accounts are updated at posting whenever a child account within the parent is updated.

Best,
    CK, CPA

Sadik and tomloera like this.
  3. tomloera

tomloera Forum Expert

Hello CK, thanks by your answered

Is correct your explication about the summary accounts

My issue now is have a lot summary accounts and maybe this affected the performance when the users generated some reports with this information

I want know if is possible identify what summary accounts have a lot time without using for can put in disabled status

I hope I explained correctly

Regards
    Tom

4. Charlie_K_CPA

Charlie_K_CPA Newly Initiated

Tom: Summary Accounts aren't managed on an account by account basis. Rather in General Ledger Super User
    Navigate to Setup>Accounts>Summary -- you'll see that the summary accounts are created by a template and when no longer required,
    that template can be deleted. Note: If your client is using funds control based on summary accounts I would hesitate before you hit that delete button, to research the effects. Generally, I'm familiar with concerns on Summary Accounts affecting posting (although Oracle said they'd solved that one
    several years ago) not as an issue in reporting. If your client is only using them for reporting, a well conceived system of parent values
    may do the job with less overhead -- and some greater flexibility.
    Best, CK CPA

tomloera likes this.
  5. tomloera

tomloera Forum Expert

CK,

Thanks a lot by your comments
    Will investigate the best way to resolve this issue
    Again thank you very much for your help

Regards
    Tom