1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Forms migration to 10g

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by ushareef, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ushareef

ushareef Guest

hi,

Does anybody help me to migrate my older version forms and reports to 10g? If not, provide me information about company specialized in doing the same.

Thanks in Advance.

Umar.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Re: Forms migration

Umar you have not specified which version of forms you are on, if u are below 6i you need to first migrate to 6i and then to 10g. I suggest you check out Oracle Forms Upgrade centre.

Also many Client Server and Character Mode features have been removed from the Forms product for 9i and 10g. You should checkout the list of obsolete features.

If you are interested in purchasing some tool then there are sites like pitts but I suggest you get some onsite help from your own country.

3. rbj

rbj Active Member

Hi Umar,

r you still looking for some one who can help you in migrating older oracle forms to 10g, then i know an expert who has been in this field of oracle migration for more than 2 decades.

I can help, if you r still looking for someone.

Warm regards
    rbj

4. djbabu

djbabu Active Member

Hi,

Just migrated bunch of Oracle Forms6i to 10g forms and its was not a lengthy process. :hurray

Lemme know if I can help you on anything..

5. pitss_guy

pitss_guy Guest

Hi Umar,

The best a cheapest way is to either use Oracle Migration Assistant or to open each 6i Form in 10g. The former is good for bulk. Either way they are doing the same thing. Open with 10g and all errors are given to you with a Comille. Fix each one and save it. You'll find that most custom applications have the same 20 types of issues, and once you handle the first 5-10 forms, you'll kick thse out quickly. The reality is when you use a tool, you'll end up opening most and tweaking them. So don't waste your money. But Migration Assistant will take care of the basic issues that all of the other tools do. The harder ones require a decision but are easy to fix too.

6. a_kamalraj

a_kamalraj Forum Advisor

Hi djbabu,

Can you help out telling me the process of hw to migrate forms6i to forms10g please...

Cheers
    Kamal(kamal.love@gmail.com)

7. hellen01

hellen01 Active Member

If you are planning to migrate from 6i (or any earlier version), it is strongly recommended that you migrate directly to Oracle Reports 10g, instead of migrating to Oracle Reports 9i or any other intermediate version.