1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Forms help required

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by DJB, Apr 29, 2013.

1. DJB

DJB Guest

I've worked with Oracle for years but up until now haven't had the opportunity to work with Forms.

I need to get up and running with Forms asap so does anyone have a link to something that can describe the basics clearly. I have to make minor change to an existing form so that I can either show all rows or just those rows that contain the word - "warning". My initial idea is to use a couple of radio buttons to achieve this but my first attempts leave me unable to select either of the buttons. I then have the problem of working out how to work out what button is selected and then how to use that info to alter the where clause.

I cannot access youtube at work which is frustrating as google suggests there are useful demos for me to watch.

I am using Forms [32 Bit] Version (Production).
  2. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Kolkata, India
    Hi, [whats ur name]

Don't get frustated, it's just the start .. way more to come :D

See, u got two options:
    1. Search/Get docs and tutorials, start studying the basics and everything [which i believe will take 2-3 months to pull off]
    2. Straightly go onto the issues and start studying specific areas required to resolve the issue. (Which is my personal recommendation coz u'll be multi-tasking and u'll end up learning the whole thing).

And if i come to the issue u described ..
    Please upload the screenshots of the Object navigator, main block property palette and the current output [run-time]. Lets see then ...
  3. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

If I remember correctly...Oracle Forms comes w/ Cue Cards under the Help option. I found those quite useful.