1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Forms and reports

Discussion in 'Coffee Corner' started by akashram, Jul 18, 2012.

1. akashram

akashram Active Member

Hi , How do u think a DBA (Workshop 1 ) course can be helpful for a person who is working as a developer , that is using forms and reports ?

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

It can't hurt as long as it doesn't go too deep into Oracle internals. Basic knowledge of the optimizer and its behavior is beneficial to developers.

3. akashram

akashram Active Member

I am undergoing Workshop 1(DBA) now , but i have been offered a job in Oracle forms and reports domain ? how do u think Workshop 1 can help in forms and reports , that is for Oracle developer?

4. zargon

I've already stated why I think it could benefit you.

5. akashram

akashram Active Member

What all concepts / topics in Pl/sql is required to learn oracle forms and reports?

6. zargon

7. akashram

akashram Active Member

yeah , but is knowledge about Declaration , procedure , functions , cursors , triggers enough to work on forms and reports?

8. zargon

You won't know until you try; download the software at www.oracle.com and start working with it. No one can tell you what YOU need to do as none of us understand your abilities.

9. akashram

akashram Active Member

I am familiar with and i have practiced procedures , functions , cursors etc. Do you think i ll be able to learn forms and reports easily because i dont have much idea about what exactly forms and reports are used for?

10. akashram

akashram Active Member

Do u think a person can shift to DBA from a developer role? or once he has chosen to be a developer he can remain there only?

11. zargon

Please read my previous response again; you've been asked to download the Oracle forms and reports software to start learning it. No one can answer that question but you, and you won't be able to do that until you at least make an attempt at learning reports and forms.

12. zargon

Many do just that. One is not destined to be a developer forever if one wants to move to other areas of Oracle.

13. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

David,

Please permit me to add.. The best way to learn anything is to download the software and learn it hands on as you have suggested. Rote memorization of commands and functions will give birth to a ''Stunted Developer'' instead of a real hands on ''Oracle Developer''.

I must also add that there is this negative perception about Indian software developers in the West and precisely the kind of questions that sends wrong signals to people have been asked here.

Asking for dumps, shortcuts, spoon feeding etc does little not only for the image portrayed but also for the individual in his quest for real knowledge.
    cheers
    Ramji

14. cvnagesh

cvnagesh Active Member

You should be very strong SQL and PL/SQL to learn and work on oracle forms and reports. All the topics in the sql and pl/sql are required.