1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Forms 10g/11g and LOV Freezing problem

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by DTSIGuy, Mar 20, 2013.

1. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Wondering if anybody has run across this.

I have a developer who's created a form w/ a dynamic LOV. At runtime, when the LOV gets focus the LOV opens up w/ nothing for about a second...and then populates w/ all the values. However, sometimes the LOV opens up w/ nothing...and the session just freezes. Have to kill the application and start over...and then it works again.

I just hate the intermittent problems. Where do I start looking? Isn't there a log file somewhere that should indicate an error message?

Thanks all!

CJ

2. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi CJ,

This ain't an error, infact looks like there's some logical loophole which makes the application freeze due to bulky dynamic processes.
    How r u handling the LOV's flexibility? I mean when & where u're initiating the LOV?

DTSIGuy likes this.
  3. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Thanks Ari,

I wish I could say. I have forwarded the question to the developer to see what he has to say. My first thought was the same...in fact, I wonder if the LOV query is actually returning anything for those moments where the app just stops OR it's a very poor query w/ a Cartesian product (which would be very bad).

We shall see... ;-)

CJ

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

I have a sneaky suspicion this is a self-inflicted problem...this issue apparently is only present on the two development system desktops. It doesn't occur anywhere else for anyone else.

5. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

For any interested party...the issue turned out to be an old (very, very old) JVM Client.

Self-inflicted problems 101 - Ensure your system is patched.